Friday, May 15, 2009

album #49

sound of silver (lcd soundsystem)

I liked this album. Solid. It's a little too long and not quite my-tastes enough to listen to it all the way through. But on shuffle, mixed in with other music, it provides a nice flavor. A nice, easy, buzzing, synth/pop/dance sound.

"Someone Great" is my very favorite track, with a startlingly perfect blend of three elements- the crackling synth pop with a nice low buzz and lovely, low, melancholy vocals; very Depecehe Mode-esque. "North American Scum" is pretty funny and fun; upbeat, assertive, a real party. "Get Innocuous" sounds like it could come straight from Station to Station. "New York I Love You" is good, I enjoy the lyrics even if I don't totally agree with them. "Sound of Silver" is funny, and it's a good, pulsing song.

This is a good, solid record. Likable. I never really fell in love with it, but I would definitely love it on the dance floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment