Saturday, January 17, 2009

recap

lately I've mainly used this blog to publish my cultural reflections- this strikes me as a pretty good use. I've got another album review coming up in a few minutes. I did some good work earlier this week, and I've had some good social experiences, otherwise it's been a lower key, less eventful/disciplined week. The exercise regimen I've not been good about. Whenever I do it it's a lot of fun and feels good, but I don't think I've approached the consistency necessary to make it a really effective re-shaping.

On the other hand, I think some of the habit changes have made an effective, positive change. I'm publishing my drawings now on another website, and it's very good having a consistent pattern of posting work, and it's nice hearing friends say good things about the drawings. It's a good step in the right direction. And the music education is good- and I definitely feel really proud whenever I hear and recognize a song, like in the theatre or in a bar or wherever, that I learned from the time I'm putting into listening and learning.

The book readin' has not happened at all. Books just put me to sleep, unfortunately. But hopefully I'll get that back on track.

The daily/weekly process of planning my days and counting my accomplishments and goals, is now handled by my year planner. So I don't post that stuff here anymore. But now and then I should, and will, post missions here if they're particularly important or if I really need to remind myself, focus myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment