Monday, January 5, 2009

album #3

dummy (portishead)

Very chill music. Indie coffee shop music. My favorite tracks are Biscuit (the song that made me want to hear the whole album), Sour Times and It Could Be Sweet. A few years ago I bought that Amy Winehouse album, because I was hungry for a particular vintage 60s Bond vibe- and it came close, but wasn't really what I liked. I got into Dummy also hoping that it would give me that fix. Sour Times probably comes closing to hitting the nail on the head. The songs in general have a darkness and a sadness to them- especially the middle of the album, which somewhat sags with loneliness. But I liked this album. The bad tracks are sad and droopy, the good tracks are sad but mysterious and sensual. I'll probably look into other music by Portishead, later in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment