Thursday, October 28, 2010

album #22

you in reverse (built to spill)

I gotta keep looking for my album for these guys. I Love the song "Carry the Zero," that driven, melodic, searing sound- and I wonder if that's their only song that reaches those heights, because nothing on this album really got there. This album was a little rambly- it's got a good sound to it, but nothing quite inspired me. "Going Against Your Mind" is all right, "Conventional Wisdom" unspirals in a good way, it might be my favorite- the start of it is my favorite part of the album- and I like the tone of "Liar." Otherwise this album just doesn't penetrate for me. Maybe I haven't given it enough listens, but I'm a little bored with it. I need more energy, more hook. Maybe it'll get better with revisiting. Again, it's fine, just not my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment