Sunday, December 28, 2008

the wikipedia hour 12/28/08

Thylacine: this thing looks like an animal that JD and I would've invented. a long, frail dog with a tiger-striped body, stiff skinny tail, and a huge gaping jaw. it is officially extinct but still apparently sighted around Australia.

deconvolution- I totally don't understand this. I think I know what they're referring to- making inverses of images, basically- but I need to know a lot more about math or read it a lot more closely before I can figure out what this is.

James Moore Smythe- young english nobleman/playwright/possibly plagiarist, all around fop, lived 1700-1730 approx. this man would be a Huge celebrity if he were alive today. a child of high society who shamelessly courts publicity and notoriety.
• (John Dryden was mentioned in the article- he seems like a guy who would be interesting to truly study and learn about)

Monopoly Law- far too interesting to read when I'm already badly tired. I need to look over it when I'm fresh sometime. The three categories of competition law are collusion and cartel; mergers and acquisitions; and monopoly law. looks like a generally interesting category to study

No comments:

Post a Comment