Sunday, December 28, 2008

an epiphany

"discipline, and a plan, are the only things that separate the man you are from the man you want to be."

simple words that occurred to me while I was taking a walk today.

I'm generally pretty happy and proud about who I am, but I still feel this deep hunger- this feeling that there is so much more room to grow, so much more I can do to absorb, understand and contribute to this world.

so my resolution for 2009 is one big, simple resolution- this year, I'm not gonna lazily coast, not going to be content with offering 10% of my potential. In 2009, I'm gonna give 99%.

and the thing is, it doesn't have to be one huge, crippling commitment. getting to 99% is all about discipline, and a plan. It's about taking the things I wanna do, the ways I want to grow, and reducing them to fun, simple new habits to form. this is going to be hard, but it's also going to be easy. and it's going to be fun. I'm excited for the challenges.

this blog is meant to be a private journal for myself, to give myself encouragement and track progress on a variety of goals. but if somebody stumbles across and reads, that's no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment