Sunday, December 28, 2008

university of life

these are two things I wrote, right after my graduation from NYU:

"(1) just because you're done getting grades, doesn't mean you're done learning.
Keep expanding yourself intellectually.

(2) Follow your own definition of success and achievement.
that's not an excuse to be happy with your status quo. it's a reminder that your talents are different than those of the law-school bound 4.0 student. devote yourself to sharing and expanding your talents. on your terms."

that's generally the mission of the year. I feel like I took a semester off to just hang around, do some good things but not really kick any ass, but now I'm enrolling in the University of Life.

these are my courses

• Physical Education
• Literature
• Music Education
• Home Economics
• Creative Writing
• Improv Theatre
• Painting
• Art Criticism
• Cartooning

I'll be working on syllabi for music education and literature, over the next few days

No comments:

Post a Comment