Tuesday, September 8, 2009

album #77

speakerboxxx (outkast)

(because this is a double album, I'm reviewing each half separately)

This album is so fucking good. I really really like this a lot. After some preliminary listens, I predict that I might even like Speakerboxxx more than The Love Below.

The opening series of this album is fucking unebelievable, just murderously great. "Ghetto Musick" fucking rocks. "Unhappy" has an amazing, melodic beat- my favorite song on the album,. I like the jazzy glamour of "Bowtie," the brassy spice of "The Rooster." The songs are a little less perfect and a little less creative after those opening shots, but it's still good and listenable. I like the brutality of “Tomb of the Boom.” “Last Call” is pretty good too. Really, every song on the album is good. The very best are near the top, but every rap is memorable and strong. No complaints, except that it maybe runs a little long. Very good and very relistenable, one of my very favorite rap albums I've listened to this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment